Homemade birthday dinner for the fiance tonight. Request: pork chops, asparagus and corn. Now I usually marinate the pork with garlic, red onions, salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice for about 30 minutes and then bake in the oven. This time, I wanted to try making maple glazed pork chops like the one I had at the Playground.
- 2-3 medium cut loin boneless pork chops
- Ancho chilli powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Season pork chops with the ancho chilli and salt. Cook on grill pan on medium high heat. About 3 minutes each side. Then reduce to medium heat to cook through.
In saucepan, reduce the 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Add the chicken stock and the maple syrup. Cook until liquid until syrupy. Pour sauce over pork chops. Serve.
Asparagus was roasted in oven at 400 degrees with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Corn was canned and warmed up on the oven.
- Blackberry Glazed Grilled Pork Chops! (nutritionalwellnesscenter.net)
- Guest Post: Classic Pork Chops with a Hint of Maple Syrup by Mr. Strawberryginger (strawberryginger.com)
- Honey Rosemary Grilled Pork Chops (myhealthyohana.wordpress.com)